The  1890's Collins Hotel

The  1890's High School

Imperial Hotel Rooms & Rates

Carr Manor Rooms & Rates

Gary and Wini Ledford, the owners of the Imperial Hotel & Restaurant of Cripple Creek, have been residents of Cripple Creek since 2004.


Before moving to Colorado, they were living in Apple Valley, California. Wini grew up in Apple Valley, where her family owned one of the largest integrated turkey ranches in the western United States. Her mother Francis Boynton Winkler moved to Apple Valley around 1919, and purchased a guest ranch, which she and her husband operated for Hollywood notables. Along with her Aunt Katherine Boynton, who also purchased the Yucca Loma Ranch two miles away, the ranchers became very well known in the early years. You can read more about the Boynton Family of Cripple Creek below.


The Ledfords had recently sold their development business in Apple Valley, where they had developed a Master Planned Retirement Community on Wini’s family ranch. When they first moved here, they purchased a home that had been originally owned by George and Emma Carr, who were some of the first discoverers of Gold in Cripple Creek. This house was a typical Victorian home. They set out to renovate it, and found that with retirement they needed something else to do.


On election day in 2003, the Mayor of Cripple Creek at the time told Gary of the opportunity to acquire the old Cripple Creek High School. The next day after meeting with the owner, a deal was struck and the planning effort went into effect. The Ledfords had built eight model homes in Apple Valley, so they had a significant head start as to how to furnish the building.

In February 2004, the transaction closed on the Cripple Creek Hotel that had been operated by the Heiliger family for nearly 20 years. They had renovated the east side of the building into 12 rooms. Over the time the rooms needed a full restoration and the Ledfords focused the first 106 days on taking the rooms to bare walls and conducting a full restoration and renovation of all of those rooms, transforming them into historic theme rooms and fully modernizing them.


The Carr Manor was opened on Memorial Day in 2004 and operated until January 2, 2005, when it was closed for another five months for restoration of the rest of the building. Most of the rest of the building was in its original condition, so more extensive renovations and rebuilding were required to bring it to the luxury boutique hotel that you see today.

 

In the winter of 2011 the Ledfords took on the challenge of renovating the Imperial Hotel, opening the Midland Depot Italian restaurant and The Red Rooster Bar, and continue to work on renovating the historic Gold Bar Room Theater. They are now opening the Monte Carlo Mining Company Emporium with fine art and antiques, as well as Bobbie B's Burgers and Ice Cream.

This website is under construction. Please visit again soon....


Website Design, Hosting & Promotion by ZStudios, Victor, Colorado